24 September 2012

FAIL

I love making meals in my crockpot. LOVE IT. I love cooking with it...can you even consider it cooking? I don't know, but it gets the job done. Although sometimes mine does get a little hot, like I usually only cook things on the LOW setting when it says to cook it on HIGH. Maybe that is a sign I need a new one.......hmmmm....ONLINE SHOPPING!

Moving on -- I get a lot of my recipes from Pinterest (how I love thee). I found a website of a whole slew of recipes that tries to cut out all processed foods, but I'm not really sure how accurate it is. Since I am not a food expert, I am not going to link the blog on here. Only because I don't want to incorrectly label some of the recipes on there as actually containing processed foods, but maybe...just maybe I am a terrible cook and it is my fault why it didn't turn out. I also forgot to take pictures while cooking both times. I need to remember that for next time.

I am 0/2 for recipes on this website. Not very good odds. The first time I made crockpot chicken fajitas. I followed the recipe, added ingredients, and slow cooker magic was made. Except I felt that they were tasteless. Chicken was moist, shredded beautifully, etc...but it lacked the deliciousness that I had expected from smelling it cook all day. My husband thought it was good, but this man also microwaves his pop tarts. Weirdo. 

Recipe #2 - Crock Pot Meatloaf with carrots and potatoes. Now, I LOVE meatloaf. I don't know why, since it is a loaf of meat. When you think about it, that's just unpleasant. A loaf of meat. Usually I make cheeseburger meatloaf in the oven, and it is a delight! I wanted to try something new this time, besides MEATLOAF + CROCK POT = NOTHING CAN GO WRONG. Right?

WRONG

I will never be making meatloaf in a crock pot again. Why? The carrots and potatoes were perfectly done. So I will say that. The meatloaf was...well, it had the consistency of moist pet food. Not that I have recently eaten pet food to make a comparison, but you know those Fancy Feast commercials where the spoiled rotten and sparkling white cat gets served food resembling pâté on a crystal dish? Yep. That's what I thought I was eating. Except there were no crystal dishes to be seen.

 Only disappointment. *Sad face*

So, from now on I will only be making meatloaf in the oven. I also do not think I will be making another recipe from that site. Maybe one more -- I'll give them a "three strikes and I delete you from my Pinterest" chance. 






1 comment:

  1. Boo!
    Try chicken crockpot chicken tacos! Delicious and super easy.

    3-4 frozen chicken breasts
    1 packet taco seasoning
    1 18oz jar salsa

    Cook on low for 4-6 hours, shred, and eat :)

    ReplyDelete